Friday, August 29, 2014

More Jedi Junk From the Vault

I was a complete idiot when I clipped articles from my
70's Starlog and Future magazines... and chucked most
of my collection during a move. What was I thinking?
But these few survived fairly intact....

The folks who were young nerds in the 70's might relate to this little story. I was recently digging through a box of old magazines that I kept from that lost decade, and found some treasures that reminded me of my geekier side back then. My love of all things science fiction went way beyond movies and TV shows. At the time, I owned several of the Star Trek books by James Blish and the Star Wars novelizations of the movies (plus one original novel with no relation to the Lucas universe - see the book Splinter of the Mind's Eye here). Some of that stuff is long gone, but I had the foresight to hang onto at least some of those collectibles. I had a healthy-sized bunch of Starlog magazines, which I really regret having chopped up and tossed away. A few remain, but the rest is gone. Sigh.... I even had the first several issues of Starlog magazine, not to mention Starlog's first special issue dedicated to Star Wars: A New Hope. All gone. What the.... ?


Phantom Menace fandom... crap I collected when I
thought that it might matter. Maybe Watto will take 'em?


I was excited when news of The Phantom Menace reached the general public way back in the 90's. Who knew that movie would taint my opinion of Star Wars so much? Pretty much a travesty. At least I have plenty of souvenirs to remind my of my foolishness. 

As for the old Star Wars comic pictured below, I have no certain recollection of where that came from. Either I bought it way back when OR there is a chance I picked it up at a comic show in the 90's. Memory does not serve me well here. Anyway, it's in very good condition for its age. It's only issue number four, and I have none of the other issues, so it's a weird thing to hang onto. Still....

I found this Star Wars issue #4 comic lingering
in a box recently.... t'was based on A New Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment