Saturday, July 6, 2019

Songs About Songs

When I'm at work, carrying out my mindless little tasks all day, my thoughts wander all over the place, often to creating music lists and quizzes for my co-workers. The Logical Song by Supertramp came to mind. Then the Immigrant Song, by Led Zeppelin. Then Your Song, by Elton John. And so on. Then I got to wondering if there were many other song titles that contained the word "song". It's not a common thing. I could only come up with a handful on first try, some friends offered up just a couple more, then I needed a jog of the brain with an internet search. By the time this list - not at all comprehensive - was done, I realized I knew all but a couple of the tunes. See if you can add some more....



The Logical Song, Supertramp
Immigrant Song, by Led Zeppelin
The Song Remains the Same, Led Zeppelin
Only a Northern Song, The Beatles
Song Sung Blue, Neil Diamond
Your Song, Elton John
Silly Love Songs, Paul McCartney & Wings
The Lemon Song, Led Zeppelin
Same Old Song and Dance, Aerosmith
The Song is Over, The Who
Alabama Song, The Doors
I Write the Songs, Barry Manilow
The Wanton Song, Led Zeppelin
The Prophet Song, Queen
Our Song, Yes
Border Song, Elton John
Superman Song, Crash Test Dummies
The First Song, Band of Horses
Love Song, Adele
Lovesong, The Cure
Plainsong, The Cure

No comments:

Post a Comment