Saturday, August 19, 2017

My Total Eclipse Rock Playlist

I stumbled upon a cool playlist idea while scanning Alan Cross's A Journal of Musical Things website today: a Total Eclipse Playlist (Rock Edition), to celebrate the total eclipse of the sun which will occur this coming Monday, August 21st, 2017. I thought I'd try my hand at my own playlist, based on stuff I know and love, not on other people's playlists. I figure since both the moon and sun figure into this rare phenomenon, my selections can include a few songs about Luna (our moon) as well. Here we go (and yes, I intentionally avoided that most obvious eclipse song of all... you know the one... sheesh!):


Between Sun & Moon, Rush
Black Star, by Yngwie Malmsteen
Blackout, by Scorpions
Beyond the Moon, by Max Webster
Sun Voices, Max Webster
Here Comes the Sun, Beatles
Black Hole Sun, Soundgarden
Ain't No Sunshine, Partridge Family
Walking on the Moon, The Police
Bark at the Moon, Ozzy Osbourne
Good Day Sunshine, Beatles
Walkin' On the Sun, Smashmouth
I'll Follow the Sun, Beatles
Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me, Elton John
Holidays in the Sun, Sex Pistols
Sun King, Beatles (these guys sure liked ol' Sol, didn't they?)
Invisible Sun, The Police
New Moon on Monday, Duran Duran
Walking on Sunshine, Katrina and the Waves
Hole in the Sky, Black Sabbath
Waiting for the Sun, The Doors
Eclipse, Pink Floyd
Total Eclipse, Iron Maiden

And here is a selection of those songs to enjoy right here, right now:



No comments:

Post a Comment