Sunday, May 30, 2021

The Eyes Have It - Songs about Eyes

 Hey, fellow time travellers.... sorry for the lack of new posts here, but real life has been interfering with anything resembling fun lately. Some emergency eye surgery sort of put me out of action with stuff that involves reading small-ish text. But I'm on the mend and a little bit of blogging should be okay, as long as I keep my posts on the short side for a while. Hang in there - I know I sure have, and will continue to.


I figured that to make topic selection easy today, I'd do something related to my current vision-related situation: songs about eyes, or at least songs with "eyes" in their titles. There are loads of them, and I don't intend to create an exhaustive list here, but I'll at least mention ones that immediately come to mind, which include a lot of favourites. And I am pretty sure my list covers all, or nearly all, of the most famous "eye" songs out there. Except for the ones I don't know.

My first pick is a slight cheat, since "eyes" aren't in the title... but they are in the lyrics, and the title is optic in nature:

Double Vision, by Foreigner

Big Eyes, by Cheap Trick

These Eyes, The Guess Who

Brown Eyed Girl, Van Morrison

Green-Eyed Lady, Sugar Loaf

Behind Blue Eyes, The Who

Cross-Eyed Mary, Jethro Tull... and covered by Iron Maiden

In Your Eyes, Peter Gabriel

Eye of the Tiger, Survivor

Bette Davis Eyes, Kim Carnes

Eye in the Sky, Alan Parsons Project

Electric Eye, Judas Priest

Eyes of a Stranger, Queensryche

Eyes of a Stranger, The Payolas

Lyin' Eyes, The Eagles

Hungry Eyes, Eric Carmen

Eyes Without a Face, Billy Idol

Blinded By the Light, Manfred Mann (vision related title, that's about it)

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, The Platters

My Eyes Have Seen You, The Doors

Angel Eyes, Jeff Healey

Dancing With Tears in My Eyes, Ultravox

No comments:

Post a Comment