Friday, June 30, 2017

Canada's 150th - Rockin' Playlist

As Canada celebrates 150 years as a nation, I can't help but think back to my teens and twenties when this fair country was brimming with exciting musical talent. I guess it's like that for everyone... when we think about the most important music in our lives, we think back to our younger years, when we were young adults, and when we were just entering our third decade of existence. 

I enjoyed so much amazing rock'n'roll as I tuned in to Toronto's Q107 radio station back in the glory days of the 70's and 80's. From Max Webster to Teenage Head to Helix to a li'l ol' band called Rush. Canada has produced some of the finest musicians in the world... let's not forget that! And I'm sure the rest of the world knows it.  

Here's a playlist that represents where I was at musically in the late 70's and early 80's. Great tunes that were the soundtrack to my life as I negotiated the labyrinths of high school and college. A bit of a mix of rock, blues-rock, metal, prog, punk, and pop-rock, these were some of my favourites. A perfect set for celebrating this Canada Day:





Setlist:

Chain of Events - Kim Mitchell
Hot, Hot Papa - David Wilcox
Let's Shake - Teenage Head
Innocence - Harlequin
High Times - Frank Soda
Mama Let Him Play - Jerry Doucette
Shake It - Coney Hatch
Metal Queen - Lee Aaron
Heavy Metal Love - Helix
Heavy Mental Breakdown - Killer Dwarfs
New Girl Now - Honeymoon Suite
Gravity - Max Webster
Making Memories - Rush
Lay It on the Line - Triumph
Surface to Air - FM


Happy 150th Canada Day - and rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment