Saturday, March 4, 2017

Don't Worry.... Happy Songs

The mid-winter blues (or blahs, however you want to label 'em) are just starting to dissipate. Around here, we've had some sunny days to boost the mood and temperatures warm enough to melt some of the piles of snow. After a few months of pseudo-hibernation (I go to work and I pick up groceries... that's about it), my mind has finally turned to thoughts of spring-time, baseball season, T-shirts and sneakers. I'd love to chuck my heavy coat and boots into the back of the closet right now, but winter isn't quite over here yet.

In the meantime, I've compiled a little list of my favourite Happy Songs - fun tunes to get me through these dreary, grey, snowy, rainy, cold days. It really wears you down after a while. But music that makes us smile fills us with wonderful memories, moods and feelings, and that'll get us through anything. My choices aren't in any strict order, though the top bunch are definitely my faves, and the rest are arranged more loosely. You'll see a mix of rock and pop and dance and whatever else tickles my fancy, anything that brings an instant smile.... enjoy!




Tracklist:

Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
I Believe In You - Kylie Minogue
No Tomorrow - Le Matos (featuring Pawws)
On the Horizon - Melanie C
Sister Moonshine - Supertramp
The Spirit of Radio - Rush
Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac
Shout it Out Loud - Kiss
Jump - Van Halen
You're My Best Friend - Queen
Daydream Believer - The Monkees
Here Comes the Sun - Beatles
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
Can't Beat the Feeling - Kylie Minogue
The Loving Kind - Girls Aloud
Rolling Back the Rivers in Time - Girls Aloud
Maybe - Emma Bunton
International Smile - Katy Perry
Birthday - Katy Perry
Suddenly Monday - Melanie C
I Woke Up in Love This Morning - Partridge Family
Shang a Lang - Bay City Rollers
Philadelphia Freedom - Elton John
Let Go the Line - Max Webster

"We belong...", sang Pat Benatar back in the 80's

Patio Lanterns - Kim Mitchell
Just Like Paradise - David Lee Roth
California Girls - David Lee Roth
Lady - Styx
Photograph - Def Leppard
Boys of Summer - Don Henley
Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads
He Is - Ghost
Heaven is a Place on Earth - Belinda Carlisle
We Belong - Pat Benatar
Goodbye Blue Sky - Pink Floyd
Free Fallin- - Tom Petty
Take It Easy - The Eagles
Ah Leah - Donnie Iris
More Than a Feeling - Boston
Don't Worry Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin

No comments:

Post a Comment